Replacing a Rascal + alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Just moved into a new house and there is a Rascal + alarm on the wall which does not work, have changed battery but has not fixed it, tried a factory reset and still no joy.

I would like to replace it as it looks old, I was thinking of reusing the existing wiring, could anyone recommend a wired solution. I have 2 access panels & 4 sensors don't really think I need anything more.

Is it possible just to buy 2 new access panels with key pads?

Thanks in advance

Gre4vesy

Sponsored Links
do you mean remote keypads ? do you have 1 main panel and two remote keypads ? if so do you need the main panel to have a keypad onboard ? if not replace with a veritas R8 and 1 extra keypad, if you need the onboard panel veritas 8 and two extra keypads.

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes I meant remote keypads, the Rascal + main panel has a key pad and I then have another key pad at the back of the house.

It is easy to fit the new panel? Will it just recognise the existing sensors?

I can get the Veritas on Amazon so that would be a winner.

Thanks

you will have to program the system, the veritas is probably one of the easier panels to program. see the shop tab above to get a rough price.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice I have bought the alarm you have recommended so fingers crossed all works well.

Thank you

even though you've already bought it, there is the veritas 8C or the Veritas 8, they have keypads on the main panel and you could just buy 1 extra keypad for elsewhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back