Replacing Bottom Step Stair Carpet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to replace the bottom step of our stair carpet
Image000-2.jpg

I have some offcuts remaining from the original lay and was wondering if the was possible to do myself or if I need to get an expert in ?

Cheers,
John
[/img]

Sponsored Links
Why not have go, unless you haven't got enough carpet for the carpet fitter

John - carefully remove the old stuff and use it as a cutting pattern on the new (offcuts). Usually, the bit covering the tread will have been fitted first then the band (or strip) covering the riser fitted last. To remove the old stuff first take off the riser section.

Easy enough to do.

Oh yeh, and when the new bit is fitted control the dog, or at least give it it's dinner on time :LOL:

Thanks for the advice. I might tackle it this weekend and give the wife a suprise!

the offender is no longer with us. My wife actually likes it being there as it provides a personal memorial to him. Oh well, onwards and upwards..

I'll post a picture of the outcome.

Cheers,
John

Sponsored Links
John - you wrote " ... the offender is no longer with us. My wife actually likes it being there as it provides a personal memorial to him". Well, why not give your Wife a couple of suprises this weekend - fix the carpet and ... get a copy of the photo you posted framed then hang it on the wall above the repaired section? Every time you climb the stairs you'll get a lovely reminder of your loyal, but distructive friend.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back