Replacing Built Under Double with Built in Single oven?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
we are looking to update our kitchen with new worktop and appliances. Then hopefully in 3/4 years we will have a totally new one... When we eventually get the new one, my wife wants a single oven \\\'built in\\\' up at a arm level.

So, is there any problem with replacing the current \\\'built under\\\' double oven with a a \\\'built in\\\' single oven in the same carcass?
Width of the ovens seems to be the same but the single height is 120mm less. I\\\'m not sure whether there are different ventilation requirements or whether the gas hob above is a concern..?
Any help would be appreciated.
Regards,
Scott

Sponsored Links
Am I missing something? :oops: There's a gas hob (set into the worktop) above the current oven already...

I thought you said you wanted the new single oven to be fitted in the same carcase as the old one at "arm level"....

That would make the hob above it a bit high for practical use. ;)

Sponsored Links
Haha, she is tall though...

I was hoping that the cooker I fit now, can just be moved up into a purpose built unit when we get new cuboards in a few years. The hob will then be left at a more practical height ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back