Replacing cracked shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to replace a cracked shower tray. That is on legs. The area is tiled. The new tray won't be exactly the same height. I will have to remove the first row or 2 of tiles to get the tray out. Would I be best trying to patch in the tiling would be like a tile and a half or 2 tiles and a half or re so it all? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Make up a plinth and then you can set it to whatever height you need it to be to fit the tiles that are there. OI would avoid using another riser kit, that'll probably be why the first one cracked. I replace more trays that were set on riser kits, than any other, due to problems with either movement and then leaking or tray's cracking.

Sponsored Links
I was wondering whether I'd have to take all the tiles off not sure how good the rest of the grout is il have a look

I have before used the paneling that sticks on top of tiles. It's rented accommodation

Looks in pretty good condition so probably just the tiles to get the tray out. Also depending on what's behind it, if it's plasterboard then you may find that some of that will come with the tiles and will need repaired too. Wet wall may be an option but then the door would need to be adjusted, depends on how much play there is in that.

I was going to use a riser kit but I wouldn't work with the waste so I have built a platform on 4x2 and plywood

Will this kind of tray be ok on sand and cement

Attachments

• 1686063072881186159398528166587.jpg
    1686063072881186159398528166587.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 33
Sand and cement, flexi tile adhesive, silicone adhesive etc, lots of ways to set a tray. Primarily though it usually follows on the MI, if the warranty is to be maintained.

Is the main centre section of that stone resin tray level with the outside edge?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back