replacing dhw cylider refill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys will be replacing dhw at weekend, i have never done this before but hoping all goes well.. Im just curious to know about the refill of the system any recommendations will help as i expect this is where experience comes into play.

Hopeing all goes well with replacing and fitting (system is already drained just waiting for cylinder although left old cylinder in place as id no blanks to blank off ends the day i drained)

But back to my point when im refilling i plan to turn cold feed to dhw on and have hot taps open at this time when cylinder is filling (is this ok?). While thats filling im going to allow water back into the f&e tank and start by venting the downstairs radiators and then work up to the upstairs radiators (is this ok?). Obviously throughout i will be checking any joints i have made to make sure there are no leaks. I have probably missed someting somewhere along the lines so anyone with experience in this field feel free to share there ideas. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Hi

After fitting new cylinder, refill DHW first, with hot taps open. This is to check for leak on connectors.

Once the cylinder is full and no leak found, you can refill heating side, bleed radiators downstair then work all the way up, ensure, if fitted, motorised valves are open on manual.

Dan.

thanks man, ya agreed nice step. dont get ahead of myself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back