Replacing electric shower like for like - regulations ?

No, I am under no illusion about how the world works and have little (NO) faith in officialdom - which recent happenings definitely confirm.
Quite.
I was, though, more than a little dispirited by your thought that diligent work, testing and certifying would hold not much more credence with a court than a work of fiction.
Isn't it just common sense? The court would know nothing about the dilgence of work and testing performed by a defendent other than what was presented to them in the form of the 'certificate' and associated paperwork. If that certificate and associated paperwork has been issued by the defendent his/herself, then it surely would mean nothing more than would the verbal testimony of the defendent - the fact that it was on paper wouldn't make it any more likely to be truth (rather than fiction) than would verbal testimony, would it?

... it's as if Mr Joseph Bloggs presented a piece of paper to the court saying "I hereby certify that Mr Joseph Bloggs was at home watching TV at the time of the alleged offence. Signed: Joseph Bloggs."!!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back