Replacing flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I own a leasehold flat that's part of a small block with a flat roof. The roof is only 5 years old but was badly installed and has developed some leaks. The landlord has employed a roofer to replace the flat roof but he put up scaffolding at the end of November and has done no work since. When I've spoken to the roofer he keeps saying he needs some dry weather. The last few weeks have been about as dry as it ever gets in Manchester but he still hasn't started. He now claims he needs 3 weeks of dry weather. I can understand that you can't replace a roof in a downpour, but he's never going to get 3 weeks of totally dry weather here. Can anyone more knowledgeable than me give me an opinion on this, is he just delaying for some reason?

Cheers!

Rob

Sponsored Links
He must have a lot of work on. An average roof area of 50m2 i would expect my lads to have stripped and 1st layered in a day.

Sponsored Links
I stripped and replaced my flat rood [35 sq mtr] in three days [epdm] alone.
Lazy giit. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back