replacing floor pipe to radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi im looking for some guidance as to how i should go about changing a broken floor pipe.

i was removing the radiator and the tvr was bent in the process. i sprayed the rad and put it back on anyway, thinking i may be able to prop it up, but no such luck the leaks pretty bad! ive wrapped it with ptfe tape but still leaks, i cant see any isolation vales to cut the water off and so i figure i need to replace the pipe and buy new tvr & lockshield to fit. but until i fix it theres no heating which is making more than the house cold. i live with my partner, & shes pregnant! do i need to say more.lol

any help at all would be much appreciated thanks.

oh its a 15mm pipe and ive located the joint

//media.diynot.com/187000_186638_45271_79249471_thumb.jpg

//media.diynot.com/187000_186638_45272_75410960_thumb.jpg

//media.diynot.com/187000_186638_45273_34417714_thumb.jpg

Sponsored Links
Looks like it's a partial/full drain down and replace TRV or damaged pipe. Might be an idea to get someone in if you don't feel confident to do it.

thanks for the quick reply. i feel somewhat confident doing the job, but do you think its a very difficult job? i understand i can get compression a valve instead of soldering, this makes me feel all the more confident. but i would'nt mind a quick walk through if thats possible if not.....thanks anyway

Sponsored Links
You might be lucky and get away with draining down undoing the union nut on the pipe side of the valve and wrapping PTFE tape around the olive, that is the part that keeps it watertight. Don't foget to add inhibitor before topping the system back up. In order for us to help you further you need to let us know what type of system you have.

This is a bent TVR ;)
crash-16.jpg

LMAO think you got the wrong forum! you want pistonheads (':p')

sorry to see such a beautiful object mangled tho :( im more of an alfa fan tho tbh

The picture is actually 'borrowed' from pistonheads.
I used to like TVRs.....'til I found I couldn't get in the damned things.

I'll stick with my Ferrari In Affordable Trim (FIAT).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back