Replacing Grundfos Pump Head-

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a Grundfos S electric pump for central heating and hot water.
It is UPS 15-50 130.
It needs replacing and I have bought a replacement pump head.

I have managed to get the old pump head one off but the impeller ? With the silver venting screw is still on the old part?

Is that meant to have come away as well?

How can I remove it,it,s pretty stuck?

Can I give it a bang with a hammer in hope of freeing it or is there some other way I can release it.

Should I spray some Wd40 on it and leave for a bit to see if that loosens it.

Anybody else had same problem,so frustrating as I got super excited when the head came off,not expecting it to leave half of it behind!

Any help would be great as have no hot water or heating.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
if it is that stuck I think the pump head is the least of your problems just pullit the impellor is plastic and you are replacing it any way

If you smack it hope theres no water left in it, thats the bit that seals the water in.....have you tried to take it out hot?

It's not stuck. The pump would run for about a minute and pop the contactor. I reset the contactor and it would do the same run for about a minute and pop it again. I thought it might be the contactor but I had an electrician come in and go over everything. He determined it was definitely the power head windings. I just need to know if this new head that I found online will work with the existing impeller assembly, pump housing and controller, or do I need a whole new pump.

Sponsored Links
It is normal to replace the whole pump head including the impeller but retain the body behind which is called the veloute.

It is normal to replace the whole pump head including the impeller but retain the body behind which is called the veloute.
Grundfos now market the UPS2 head as a field replacement for the original Selectric head. All you have to do is shut the pump isolating valves, undo the four allen keys, remove old head, fit the new head, wire it up, open the valves. Job done

No it is not Tony Lad, is that your French spelling for it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back