replacing Honeywell frost stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently moved and my new house has a central heating system that has a Honeywell frost stat connected next to the timer control.

All (but 1 ) radiators in my house have thermostatic valves on them, but nowhere in the house is there a room thermostat.

now winters here i want to leave my heating on but the valve thermostats arent providing a good enough heating control, and basically the house is getting uncomfortably hot and I have to manually keep turning the heating off and on as the temperature fluctuates

I've tried all the ideas acout controlling the rad thermostats slowly bringing each one up etc until the room is comfortable .. but basically they are c**p

can anyone tell me if i can simply replace the frost stat with a room thermostat and it will then control the heating turning it on and off as the thermostat engages etc.

many thanks

Mark

Sponsored Links
or another thought

if i cant simply replace it with a room thermostat

can i adjust the temp it comes on - for example to 20 degrees

in which case i assume once the room its in drops below 20 degrees then it will fire up the heating system .. or will that cause other problems ?

Sponsored Links
Do you know if it is a gravity fed hot water system? Are there any control valves in the system?

I've no idea ... It's just like that I have a back boiler that heats the hot water and heating ... A timer on the wall in the dining room with a frost stat next to it .... No room thermostat at all

Strange to fit a frost stat in the dining room and not fit a room stat at all. I can’t see how a frost stat could turn on the heating in a gravity system. If anything it may just turn the boiler on. Whatever, it would be easy to fit a room thermostat as it would just be placed in the pump circuit, which is an output from the timer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back