replacing lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My upvc door jammed shut,I managed to get the door off but the lock is damaged .There are some markings on the lock (GT 335).I am having a problem locating a similar lock have also been told that this lock is a patio door lock?.Can I replace with another make of lock and would I have to replace the roller mechanism as well.
regards

Sponsored Links
I haven't got me catalogues to hand, and I can't picture this particular mechanism. If it's not an exact match, then you'll probably have to move the door strikes around to meet the mechanisms mushrooms/rollers/bolts (whatever it's fitted with). You may also have to chop more out of the door if the casing is any longer. What was your impression of the company - I've tried them in the past, and found then expensive compared to my usual sources.

Good luck.

Hi handy hands,regarding multipointlocks.co.uk I found the bloke in the shop very helpful and he fixed me up with a Fuer lock and roller mechanism and a universal plate that the bolt and door catch fitted all for £75.00.I fitted it myself with advice from the bloke in the shop.

Sponsored Links
That's not a bad price for retail. Fitting is easy, so long as the mechanism's are a good match.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back