Replace patio door lock - full mechanism

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, long time reader but new member!

I am trying to change the lock on my patio door which has broken in the open position. I've looked around everywhere and can find replacement locks in Screwfix and how to install them but I am unsure about mine as my door is different.

I've uploaded a short video to Dropbox (here) of the handle and of the inside of the door. My issue is how to remove the door lock for my type of patio door. The door lock being with the lever which lifts, I don't mind changing this over to a "normal" handle type.

The problem I am facing, is how to remove complete lock mechanism - because it isn't just screwed onto the side of the door in the "door lock channel" as with my front door. It doesn't have the "lock channel", instead it just seems to be the entire frame of the patio door and lock is internal to that. I'm hoping the photos and video will show this better than I can explain it.

Am I able to get this lock out from within the frame and then buy a replacement "normal" door lock which attaches to the side-face of the door (like this) and install that?

Thanks, e_p

Attachments

• IMG_0175.jpeg
    IMG_0175.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0176.jpeg
    IMG_0176.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 19
Sponsored Links
Just above the handle on the edge of the door where the mushrooms slide up and down there should be a spring loaded plunger that gets pressed in against the frame when you close the door, this then allows the lever to go down, I've noticed the plunger is missing, they screw on so maybe it's fallen off?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back