Replacing my own expansion vessel?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've a Vokera Linea 28 with a dodgy expansion vessel - losing pressure overnight etc, and I'm fairly certain it's at fault.

Given the engineer who serviced this last time isn't returning my calls now - I wondered if this is relatively straightforward to replace, as there's a place nearby where I can source the expansion vessel myself. Any gotcha's I need to look out for?

Sponsored Links
If you are loosing pressure everynight, it isn't the expansion vessel.
You have a water leak. Find an engineer who knows what he's doing.

If you are losing pressure every night, it isn't the expansion vessel.
You have a water leak. Find an engineer who knows what he's doing.

Thanks - okay, I'd wanted to keep this quite succinct! However - I've previously had the PRV replaced, and during the refit, the expansion vessel did have some issues (didn't re-inflate correctly). The current symptoms date from that time.

It's not each and every time. Furthermore, the hot water feed will fluctuate from hot to cold when it's at high pressure.

Therefore - simple task to replace the expansion vessel? One way or another, it needs to be done.. whether it's the only part to be replaced or just the first in a series of fixes!

Sponsored Links
Therefore - simple task to replace the expansion vessel? One way or another, it needs to be done.. whether it's the only part to be replaced or just the first in a series of fixes!

Why does it need to be done, is the pressure relieve valve dumping water when the boiler heats up or not.

The hot water problem could be a blockage or scale

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back