Replacing PCB on a Biasi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
M90 24 se

The question is, is it a DIY job?

I'm fairly competent, having done a lot of car mechaniccy type stuff, and I've built my own PC. IS there anything stopping fitting a new PCB myself? My engineer has diagnosed it as faulty and a new one is on its way, however it might not be here til later on on Xmas eve and the engineer might not be available.

Soooooooooo, how hard is it :?: :?: :?:

Cheers in advance

Sponsored Links
but although u cant do this by law,
its a nice easy job, as long as the someone doing the job was to make sure there was no power at the boiler, and used a bit of comon sence :)

Sponsored Links
that answer just about sums up the ****ing idiots that post on this site

****** to it! everyone do want you want and ignore the law.

This site has a dangerous mix.... the diyers who come on this site are arrogant p****s and the so called "tradesman" are as thick as pig ****

something is going to go BOOOM sometime soon.

Somethings MUST be done by QUALIFIED people

qualified do not make me laugh 5 days training 2 days accessment 1/2 day for cen 1 couple of hours chatting[sorry technical interview] to the dog warden and you too can be qualified[not competant]. it is that easy so the sooner it goes pearshaped the better in my humble opinion

i am glad I made you laugh

I I weren't refering to CNN1 Cen! and the rest you muppet

More like the 5 years trianing to becme a plumber, must say I feel gutted i did it now cos apparantly you can pop to your locasl DIY shed buy some tools and bam your a plumber, sparky, bricky, spread, and/or chippy

5 years to become a plumber, i done mine in 8 weeks full city and guilds plus a week for the gas so i am qualified but am i competent kermit?

Steady ladies or it will be Tampax at dawn, or some other weapon.

Think I made my feelings known just before christmas

to replace, service or maintain any part of a gas apliance that direct affects the operation and/or safety of said appliance that operative must be proven competent

this is a direct quote from CORGI tech Line last week, had an argument down the boozer with some diying nutcase

Kermit??? could have been worse I suppose usually refered to as osar the grouch :D

as for the 8 weeks to be a plumber and corgi, just enforces the case that NVQ aint worth the paper its written on dont it???

PEDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN said:
Steady ladies or it will be Tampax at dawn, or some other weapon.

Think I made my feelings known just before christmas

and if you ever run for high office mate you got my vote

page 14 reg no 2 paragraph 22 in the safety in the installation and use of gas systems and appliances hope this helps shaggy

As I read the Gas Regs anyone must be competent but that isn't defined as being Corgi registered, and isn't defined at all. Corgi don't write the regs so it isn't up to them.
3. - (1) No person shall carry out any work in relation to a gas fitting or gas storage vessel unless he is competent to do so.
It doesn't say 'proven' competent, just competent.

now now kermit do not get all bitter and twisted answer the question i am qualified am i competant?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back