Replacing Pressure Relief Valve

Sponsored Links
PlumberNot said:
Hi

What's the DHW HE?

So... I need to replace PRV and the filling loop

Next step how easy is is to change both things on the boiler and do you think I am capable of doing it?

I need to get a new PRV

and a filling loop - are they push fit or old fashion connecting with olive ring?

I hope to fix these myself and hopefully close on a successful thread.

Any ideas for best place to get these items from?

Finally I would like to thank you all for establishing the diagnosis - you are the A team!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DHW HE= Duty hot water Heat exchanger

Filling loop compression fitting "Old fashion olive jobie

Yes you could do yourself :rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL: ;) Only kidding

Where to get parts from, where are you in Manc

kevplumb said:
Domestic Hot Water Heat Exchanger ;)

and you dont need it

listen to clf he is on the money. But i have never seen this happen before oh well live and learn eh?

:)

Sponsored Links
Attached is a pic of the PRV

I would be grateful for advice on the best way to replace this and the tools required

and also how much water to drain out of the system and best method

Well I'm off to bed now with half the solution sorted [now I know what's wrong with my combi]

No doubt I will continue this thread as soon as I get the parts

Thanks again guys

close the valves at the bottom of the boiler and drain the boiler through the prv (its donald ducked ) anyhoo
then remove and replace the prv AND THE FILL LOOP :LOL:

But i have never seen this happen before oh well live and learn eh?
Highlights the need to dis connect filling loop. Still I think topping up had taken place or the valve had been opened for something.

I live in salford

NOT MOZ IS IT, HRPC, CHP or any local plumbers counter.

No it cant be Moz was no LOL LOL LOL,,,,,

:LOL:

Hello all...again

I have now got the parts: W/B PRV from PTS Stockport £10.50 +VAT
Filling Loop £7.79 +VAT

I think I will attempt to replace on Sunday. Please could you advise on:

1. Draining water out of the system - best way to do it and how much water to expect to drain out before I commence work?

2. What tools for the job do I need?

3. PRV - How do I disconnect the old one without damaging anything.
Would fitting of the new PRV be the reversal? How should I have the black knob turned - left or right when I fit it?

4. Filling loop - the valve/key bit is slightly different to the one currently fitted to the boiller - I would expect it to do the same job [it has a directional flow arrow of it - do I assume this needs to be pointing down] Also would it be correcdt in saying that I only need to replace the left side of the filling loop as that is the only part that is leaking water - saves me changing teh right conenction]

Your opinions and advice much appreciated as always

Dont replace it.

Repair it...

Remove plastic part and clean the rubber seal. Replace and job done.

Easy DIY job

Dave

hi soggy_weetabix

Do u mean the PRV or filling loop?

Could you elaborate on the repair please

thanks

if you open and close the prv a few times the dirt can be flushed or the rubber can re-seat.for the loop turn of the cold mains a replace the part with the knob on.leave the hose part and the double check valve,unless thats passing back

On inspection of the pic, apart from trying to re-seat it by opening and snapping it shut, it cannot be repaired.

I misinformed you.

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back