Replacing roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have received a few quotes to replace my roof tiles. One company have stated they strip back the roof completely removing the celotex insulation boards and then deck with sterling board and then a breathable membrane. Another company states they dont remove the celotex insulation, they deck over this. I am confused. Both companies quoting similar prices. Are there any roofing experts out there who can advise the correct procedure in retiling a roof. My house is a 1950's style bungalow. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Where in the construction is the celotex?

If it is between rafters I can't see any point in removing it and TBH I'd be surprised if it was over rafter insulation in a house that old.

Bear in mind that you will have to get Building Control involved if more than 25% of the roof is being stripped, the BCO will advise on the insulation requirements anyway and may say to leave it in place anyway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back