replacing swithmaster 300

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone please advise me if a Horstman centaurplus c17 is a suitable digital replacement for the switchmaster 300, Thanks

Sponsored Links
Could someone please advise me if a Horstman centaurplus c17 is a suitable digital replacement for the switchmaster 300, Thanks

No, your switch master is a 24 hour progrmmer and the Hortmann centuarplus c17 is 7 day 2 channel programmer. You need the Hortmann
centuar SC1 or Centuarplus C11 for a direct replacement

Sponsored Links
I just bought C17 and how can i replace it with switchmaster 300 ?
Switchmaster 300 was conect :
N
L
:eek:

What about link L-2 is required or not ?

The switch master has only two connections 4 = common, 1 = on.
The C17 has three connections, 2 = common, 4 = on, 3 = off.
The switch master 300 is a current model but the C17 is a discontinued competitors model. Hopimg this answers your query.
spraggo

I tried to connect but it does not work. Switchmaster 300 was plugged in slots 1 and 3. I have no idea how to connect Centaurplus C17.

I tried to connect but it does not work. Switchmaster 300 was plugged in slots 1 and 3. I have no idea how to connect Centaurplus C17.

Is your old switchmaster wired for voltage free contacts, ie, with no links between L - 4 and N - 2, which would be normal for controlling Combi boilers in most cases. If this is not the case and the 300 is connected in this way then the c17 should be wired with links between L - 2 and N -4. The wire removed from slot 1 on the 300 should be connected 4 on the c17, and the wire removed from 3 on the 300 should be connected to 2 on the c17. It seems strange that the wire on the 300 was connected to slot 3 as this is the OFF contact, whereas if it were connected to No 4 would make sense as this is the ON contact.

On Switchmaster was links between L - 4 and N - 2.
So it should be on the C17 ?
I must be sure. I'm sorry but I'm not too good in electrical engineering. :(

On Switchmaster was links between L - 4 and N - 2.
So it should be on the C17 ?
I must be sure. I'm sorry but I'm not too good in electrical engineering. :(

Is it possible for you to state how many wires are present at the backplate of the 300 other than the live neutral and earth, what colour they are and what type of boiler the time clock is controlling, so that we can make sure you connect up correctly. Also is there a room stat fitted

Boiler is a Glow Worm FuelSaverF
SwitchMaster 300:
N - blue
L - red
1 - yellow
3 - black
ground
there is no thermostat in the room

Boiler is a Glow Worm FuelSaverF
SwitchMaster 300:
N - blue
L - red
1 - yellow
3 - black
ground
there is no thermostat in the room

Connect L N E to c17 as on the 300, and then on c17 Connect N - 1 and L - 2 with links. Connect black to 4,(Sw L ON) and yellow to 1,(N). 3 is Sw L OFF

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back