Replacing vented boiler on a sealed system

Sponsored Links
Your installers pushing Ariston because he's getting a kickback from Ariston....virtually every manufacturer does the same.
Ariston and Atag are only similar in parent company...nothing else is remotely similar.
Ariston were popular cheap end boilers up till 10 years ago but they seem to be far less common now. Personally I'd avoid. I'd want proper manufacturer backup, easy spares availability, etc.

They seem to be focusing on park homes, have come across a few E-Combis in them, usually not set up correctly for the gas they're burning. The build quality looks awful

Quality feedback, thanks guys. Does the fitter have to buy direct to get a kick-back or can he still get it when buying through a dealership? (in this case, I know he's buying through a third party - he's given me the quote form directly with 5 brands on, with 'equivalent' spec boilers)

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
ATAG is direct purchase only, there are no authorised resellers. Don't concern yourself too much with installer rewards - unless an installer fits a very large amount of a particular brand, they don't get very much back.

I have an Atag Economiser - fitted 2 years ago. Good bit of kit. Very efficient. Good DHW flow rate and temp. Some issues with very hot water when diverter initially switches over from CH but we’ve learned to live with that.

Fitted a Jaxikit directly below it last week so we can wash the dog down outside with safely blended warm water through a bib tap and hose pipe :D

Fitted a Jaxikit directly below it last week so we can wash the dog down outside with safely blended warm water through a bib tap and hose pipe :D
Just looked one up - that seems like the solution I’ve been looking for. Our cocker loves water and mud plus a good roll in fox sh1t but doesn’t like being washed with the cold water hose when we get back, especially in winter! I’d often thought of getting a thermostatic shower valve and fitting it up under the sink with a separate tap outside but a Jaxikit seems a neater cheaper solution. (y)

Just looked one up - that seems like the solution I’ve been looking for. Our cocker loves water and mud plus a good roll in fox sh1t but doesn’t like being washed with the cold water hose when we get back, especially in winter! I’d often thought of getting a thermostatic shower valve and fitting it up under the sink with a separate tap outside but a Jaxikit seems a neater cheaper solution. (y)

And... guess why it’s called a “Jaxikit”? :ROFLMAO:

Technically a jacksie is a ladies front bottom,(Fanny= Fanny Hunt ) and Aris (Aristotle, bottle+glass=arse) is both the buttocks or anus of either sex.

Said my late Father in Law. A true Cockney and in the Royal Artillery in WW2. I asked him if they had a bloke called Rea (like Chris Rea ) in the gunners. Gunner Rea.

I was born within the sound of Bow bells... so am also a Cockney.

I’ve always known your Jacksey to be your ar$e.

It used to be cool to call ppl a Berk... until I found out what that meant... “Berkshire Hunt” = “c**t” :)

St Mary-le-Bow is in the City (not in Bow) o_O

Traffic noise means not many people will be able to hear the bells.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back