Reroof in progress - tears in new underfelt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just in the middle of having a new roof put on. Complete replacement of tiles, batten and underfelt. There are a couple of small tears in the new underfelt. Is this cause for concern and should I insist on it being made good? Don't want to overreact but I do like a job doing thoroughly :cautious:

Sponsored Links
Yes I would insist, its your hard earned money..a proper job should be done. I don't fuss about tears in felt, my roof is full of them. But at the same time yours is in the process of being done and I'm sure when mine was done years ago it wouldnt of had rips in it..

Thanks all. Am I right to assume that tears such as this are just a fact of installation? In my mind, it signals a lack of care and I wouldn't expect to be in the situation where a repair was necessary.

Sponsored Links
Well some of the membranes are pretty fragile so some odd tears here and there may be inevitable but they should all be repaired as required in any case. Anything major should be replaced.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back