Resanding block paving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Cleaning the drive with a pressure washer and would just like to know if when resanding wether I should use a light wacker plate over it to bed it in ?.Or just keep brushing until all the joints are full,then redo it after it has settled ?.Any answer greatly appreciated,Thanks.

Sponsored Links
To do it right a wacker plate would be best but if you don't want to pay for hiring one then brushing it in and then topping it up a few times is plan B.

Thanks, cost not a problem I just wanted to know the best option to keep the sand from washing back out,without disturbing the blocks too much.

if cost is not a problem have it drive sealed,looks smart as f**k and a bloke i know does it with a 5 year garantee so i suspect most will.

Sponsored Links
seal it if you want it to look like a printed drive :LOL: just get some sand stabiliser liquid and treat it with that - without the Wacker plate - Been .Done . Got T shirt @ my last house - re sanded - not laid the whole flippin thing ;) Paid a Tarmac Top Block contractor to do that - and he was a Top Bloke - he told me about the re sanding ,

Thanks Nige F have to agree don't like the sealed look,and I don't mind cleaning it now and again.The sand is the part that is normally the hardest to redo,washes or blows out,I'll try the stabilliser first.Andyb have you had the wet look done?.

Thanks DAZB that looks like a plan,at the moment there are ants everywhere coming up through the joints this will also stop this happening.Cheers.

you'll know not to use a powersquirter again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back