Reset Tamper Light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have an Accord alarm system which was installed before I moved into the house.

Recently I have been having some work done and the drilling set the alarm off. It looks like the vibration has caused the box which contains the battery to shake loose.

How do I get the tamper light to clear on this system?

Also, I was considering changing the system for a new one. What are the new Yale wireless smartphone-connected alarms like?

Sponsored Links
Was the drilling near the bell box or control panel ?
Enter code number and reset the alarm as you would do with normal alarm activation.
If alarm does not reset then the tamper circuit on the bell box or control panel is open circuit and the lid or cover needs to be checked that it is secure.
Steer clear of Yale
Buy cheap buy twice !
Look at the threads on this site re Yale .Not good

The drilling was near the bell box. I've had the lid off and manually pressed down on the tamper switch while someone entered the code but the tamper light doesn't go off.

As advised link out bell tamper to rule that out as all other visible tampers are bypassed.

Sponsored Links
I don't understand. What do I need to do then? I'm trying to avoid paying for an engineer to gone out if it's a easy fix.

You will need to put a wire link between -R and -T in the control panel.
Then put lid back on panel and reset
If tamper light goes out then that has proved that bell box tamper is faulty
If not tamper fault is someware else ?

I meant the box inside the house that got vibrated with the drilling. Not the outside box and not the keypad panel.

Do you mean the control panel ?
Post photo of device you think is causing the problem

The negative terminal on the battery is corrided?
You could have a faulty battery which could be causing a fault ?
The tamper switch is the long arm switch next to the little black dial.This needs to held in will you reset the system.If fault still present you need replace battery as this could cause fault ?
If not you need to link out tamper circuit,first 2 terminals on board with wire link.Then try to reset.
If tamper fault still present you need to link out bell tamper on other terminal strip with wire link ov to tr
If fault still present possible faulty control panel.

When the power was turned off recently the alarm went off so I'm assuming that means the battery is ok. What do I do to reset the system while pressing the tamper switch?

You need 2 people one to hold tamper switch in and one to reset at keypad.
When the power goes off the alarm should NOT ring.
Your battery is faulty and needs replacing,that could be causing the tamper fault

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back