Resident in Relocatable Property

Status
Not open for further replies.
and avoiding the real issues.
Which are???
Exploring the issues surrounding the legislation and criminalisation of nomadic people, comparing it to other instances of cultural ethnocide, and is the UK in the moral highground over these issues.

Sadly a few have exploited the opportunity to vent their spleen against a minority and promoted their negative perception of that minority.
They have refused to address the issue, and claimed to have refuted the basis of the supposition without even addressing the issue.

Sponsored Links
No; I am influenced by what happened very near my home, in the summer of 2019 as one specific example.
Their only opportunity is to rest up in illegal places because there is vastly insufficient opportunity or facilities for them to rest up in legal places.

Come back to me when you have visited some UK ""Gypsy"" sites so you know what you are on about.""Get real"" as they say..
Come back to me when you're interested in exploring the issue raised in the OP, instead of venting your spleen on a minority.

Sponsored Links
Their only opportunity is to rest up in illegal places because there is vastly insufficient opportunity or facilities for them to rest up in legal places.
They could, and often do, 'rest up' in their large houses in their home country.

My first meeting with Gypsies was 1950's when I crashed my push bike, buckled the wheel and cut my leg. The way home was past a Gypsy encampment and when a lady saw me carrying the bike and dripping blood she offered to clean and bandage the wound. I was reluctant , stranger danger etc but she seemed kind. While she was cleaning and bandaging my leg someone straightened out the wheel enough for me to ride the bike home.

Much more recently an old Gypsy used to park his horse drawn caravan on a patch of green by a local crossroads. After he had gone the only signs were a couple of circles where his horse had been grazing and, if you knew where he had had his fire, you could see the replaced turf was not as green as the rest. He was a very knowledgeable person and a very hard worker when he did various jobs for local people.
So you have had 2 interactions with 1 or 2 gypsies in 70 years then? Lucky you..

There are plenty of Dukes etc. with more than enough land to accommodate all these travellers.

Which other cultures incompatible with modern life do you think should be catered for?

If I fancy a couple of months back in Bournemouth in the Summer, why won't the local council make available a free house for me? It's my culture to do such a thing.

exploited the opportunity to vent their spleen a
You do enjoy exploiting Evocative emotive inapproriate language to try and push your sense of injustice toward gypsys instead of simply admitting all you know is what you read and have no first hand knowledge of Gypsies..""Venting spleen" do not be ridiculous.You certainly do not like and do not admit to being wrong or ill informed even up against overwhelming evidence.

You do enjoy exploiting Evocative emotive inapproriate language to try and push your sense of injustice toward gypsys instead of simply admitting all you know is what you read and have no first hand knowledge of Gypsies..""Venting spleen" do not be ridiculous.You certainly do not like and do not admit to being wrong or ill informed even up against overwhelming evidence.
I suggest that it is you that is misguided by media reports:
If you search for “Gypsy” or “Roma” on some websites, you’ll find story after story that perpetuates the myth that the GRT community is ridden with crime, tax avoidance and voluntary unemployment. Nothing could be further from the truth.
https://www.independent.co.uk/voice...bout-gypsies-travellers-and-roma-8609751.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back