Restoring sealant and grout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a way I can restore the grout on my shower tiles which has become discoloured? I have tried scrubbing & various 'mould' removers but neither of these methods has got it completely clean. It is all still sound. Can I use paint of any sort?

The sealant is also discoloured. Can this be restored or does it have to be replaced?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Hello,
There is a product on the market called - Mircro shield, its a Bal product, it's a wall and floor tile cleaner. You should be able to get it in most tile shop's, you may have to ask. If that doesn't work it maybe a case of racking out the grout and re-grouting (hope it doesn't come to that!).
With regards to the sealant I would probably replace it.

Hope this helps :)

D

For an invigorated look, rake out the grout with a simple tool from any diy shop and regrout. If your siliconing isnt very steady you will need to use masking tape to achieve a nice finish.... :LOL:

Sponsored Links
If you dont want to mess around regrouting and sealing then i would suggest good old fashioned bleach. Its always worked for me. Just whack loads of bleach over the grout and try to leave it soak in overnight. Then just give it a quick scrub with a scrubbing brush and rinse off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back