Restoring silvered cladding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The cladding on my house has silvered ( gone grey ).
I'd like it to have the look of new wood , or a colour other than grey.
Is there a product like a stain or similar that will acheive this or I am stuck with it ?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Yes, I realise it is supposed to go siver / grey but I'd so much rather have it a nice light oak / beech / cedar colour.
I'm pretty sure it is cedar but not 100%.

Sponsored Links
Yes, I realise it is supposed to go siver / grey but I'd so much rather have it a nice light oak / beech / cedar colour.
I'm pretty sure it is cedar but not 100%.

I had the same with my dormers. After 5 years the cedar went what designers like to call an "attractive silver grey" - that is, they acquired the look of an old shed. OK in sunlight but absolute crap the rest of the time.

I applied Osmo Natural Oil Wood Stain, in cedar finish. It doesn't look as bright as new cedar, but isn't garish and really smartened the wood up. One good coat is adequate, two gives better protection but a darker finish. It's quite expensive but I'm hoping not to have to do it again for some years...

Cheers
Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back