Returfing over turf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently looking at returfing my back lawn and hoping to borrow a rotovator, but failing that, what are the downfalls of simply laying turf over turf?

Sponsored Links
It'll look crap to start with. If it takes (which is not a given) it'll sink as the underneath rots. That said, I have seen plenty of posts by people claiming to have done it. I just wouldn't consider it, is all I'm saying. I'm a pro landscaper, by the way, not that you need take that into account!

an old something says.

if the foundations are not good how will anything on top of it be good?

Sponsored Links
I agree with Wabbitpoo about turf on turf. cany see how it would work at all.

Why are you rotavating the grownd? why not slice of the existing turf and give it a good deep raking to make a new bed. Give it a coating of growmore etc and leave it for a week. Give it a good treading and leveling and then lay down your turf.

If the ground is very compacted then yes you may want to consider rotavating but seems a shame if not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back