Reundant Leaking back boiler tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I wondered if anyone could offer some much needed advice and help. We have recently had an old copper tank removed behind the chimney breast as we had a large patch of damp appear on the chimney breast inbetween a semi detached house, and it had coroded at the joints and leaked. The chimney is capped and we have air vents in place. When the tank was removed the pipes were just siliconed up, and now the damp patch seems to be getting worse. Our fear is that the old pipes to the tank that was removed are still connected to the mains some how, and that this is s now leaking into the chimney breast. We have a new combi boiler in place. How do we check to see if the old back boiler is still connected to the mains?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Can you not remove the fire if still attached and undo a nut on the back boiler or if you have access to panel on side of chimney breast there might be a drain off which you could undo to see if it's still connected. Or you could just call the engineer who installed the combi.

It shouldn't be left connected but I have seen it before some intended some not.

Ps you lost me at the beginning of yor post about cylinder and silicone

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back