Revitalise lawn.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bald patches along with some areas of white grass, now i've seen adverts on tv showing products that can be sprinkled onto the lawn rejuvinating them in days. Is it that simple or do i have to do something more drastic?

Sponsored Links
I tend to treat the lawn on an annual basis. There are quick fixes but I don't think that they are long term solutions.

I do:
First off, a weed 'n feed.
Then, at least several weeks later, but I tend to go for Autumn, a good pronging to aerate the lawn. Either with a properly designed tool or a garden fork.
Then a sprinkling of sand, I use plastering sand 'cos it's cheapest. Others use silver sand which is much more expensive. Some mix in some loam or similar, but I find it's not necessary. Probably depends on the condition of your existing soil.

If you've got a lot of moss I'd get rid of that by using a weed/mosskiller followed by a good scraping a couple of weeks later.

If you've got bare patches to re-seed I'd do that a few weeks after the weed 'n feed. Leaving any pronging/ sand treatment to much later in the year.

Plenty of "expert" sites out there:
http://www.gardenersworld.com/how-to/projects/category/lawn-care/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back