rewire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
i just had pir done and the house needs a rewire which will be easier to do, then rectify all the faults.but i would like to do the rewire myself and get inspection done once everything is in place thanks.
there will be 3 ring mains, and 2 lighting circuts, and immersion circut.
thanks for ur replys

please see forum rule 20. your post has been split

Sponsored Links
You can do it your self but be very careful. I have been asked in the past to test and inspect installtions that have been completed by DIYers and it can end up costing more to put things right than it would have to get an electrician in in the 1st place.
You just need to be competent on what your doing basically, and maybe have it visually inspected half way through to make sure what your doing is ok.

;)

You also need to notify your LABC (part P) and pay their fee before you start. They should inspect the work at various stages.

Sponsored Links
thank you for ur replys

i have removed old cables, and routed new cables, back boxes chased, and metal capped all the cables, knotched joisted in loft and put metal covering on joists where cable are running for mechanical protection.also floor joist have got metal plates stop nails going trough cables.

Well judging on what you've done already, sounds like you've done a better job than some spark's out there.
Don't forget things like your mains bonding to water and gas and silly things like gromets in boxes. I'm sure you've done it anyway. :LOL:

And equipotential bonding in bath/shower rooms
And making sure the main earth cables & meter tails are up to spec.
And ensuring that the CCU is installed correctly and meets regs
And making sure that any socket outlet that may be used for portable equipment outdoors is protected by an RCD
And
And
And

TTC

I'm a bit worried about all this notching, especially in the loft. Perhaps you'd like to invest in a decent hard hat?

Yea i was going to leave this thread alone but ill secondthat dingbat :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back