rewiring project & outside lights

Hi,

I'm in the process of rewiring my house and I've got a question about the best way to power my outdoor lights....

I'm using some reasonably cheap cable from Screwfix for this and was wondering if it would be ok to bury this underground and power the outdoor lights?

The cable is plastic so I know it will be waterproof but I guess there's a small chance some animals could eat through it which might cause problems?

cheers
Pete

Hopefully that cable is just been used for lighting and NOT for power circuits! I cannot see how this project is going to end well. No offence you have no idea how much is involved and I get that impression from your post you do not know how to go about it let alone go about it safely.

Go find an electrician. It will be allot safer and will not compromise safety of your self and your family.

Apart from the factor of testing and inspection and I doubt you have all the correct test equipment, training, how to interpret the results, calibrated and in date. So looks like you plan to just turn the power on and hopes in works witch is down right wrong as you do not know if there is any potentially dangerous faults.

Good luck.

You might want to get a few of these:

5%20kg%20co2.JPG

EDIT: Is the OP a windup?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back