Riello burner 240v at cont box nothing happening

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All . My riello 2.2 burner has been misbehaving recently.
sometimes just blowing air .after heating water as normal.
Now completely dead .I have 240v at control box .No outputs from motor wires (why3 wires?)
Impedance good on solenoid . Pump was putting out 9bar yesterday . then when i got the original symptoms ie fan running pressure dropped to 0 .
Im assuming control box .Am i missing anything .

Sponsored Links
Think you should get 50V on the white wire with fan running, if you have 50V and fan just keeps running then P.cell may be seeing false flame, if you remove cell then burner should fire and then lock out, renew P.cell. Possibly pump coupling if no oil pressure with fan running.

Think you should get 50V on the white wire with fan running, if you have 50V and fan just keeps running then P.cell may be seeing false flame, if you remove cell then burner should fire and then lock out, renew P.cell. Possibly pump coupling if no oil pressure with fan running.
Thanks but as i said it is,now totally dead. no voltage going out at motor connections. no further tests possible as it doesn't run!.
solenoid impedance is good.
im guessing that ,as i have 240v input to control box. it must be control box . but this isnt my field. im a leisure vehicle engineer .so more used to lpg systems . thanks again .

Have you checked the water temp hi limit stat by pressing the reset, this kills all power when it operates at ~ 110C.

Sponsored Links
Hi just checked diagram limit stat and safety thermostat are both in live line to box .i have 240v at box so no its not that. Cheers

This is the wiring diagram for my (18 years old) Riello G5X, may be of some help, possible capacitor failure?

1691006228294.png

thanks again. ive checked cap with my digital meter. not as good as using a needle type .but seems to be checking out ok .

Well, I suppose if you are not getting 240V between terminal 9 (or equivalent) and terminal 3 with a call to fire it possibly does look like the control box.

correction! just realised my fluke meter has a capacitance setting! its reading 2.7uf. it should be 4.5. would that cause motor to not run ?

Your Riello 2.2 is an RDB burner, totally different to the G5X. Have you disconnected the photocell as advised above? If you do so and the burner fires then goes to lockout, you've found your fault. RDB photocells are notoriously unreliable.

Hi it doesnt even attempt to fire its totally dead . is it still valid to to the photo cell test .

ive just switched it on with pc disconnected still dead :(

ive got a,new cap coming as its definitely ou of spec. we shall see.
cheers guys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back