Riello Capacitor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, is it possible to change a capacitor for a Riello G5X without changing the motor ? The capacitor part no is 3005798 but it looks as though it's wired into the motor.

Sponsored Links
5 min job, remove control box two white wires one goes to Nuetral the other goes to the Brown motor wire (right hand side of control box base,

Capacitor unscrews from burner body new one screw in hardest part is lacing the wires into the bottom of the control box Simples ;)

Sponsored Links
Yes thanks changed the capacitor, 5 minute job. However, the other day it started making a funny noise (sort of laboured noise) when the boiler fired up and now the fan has stopped working again (today). There seems to be a bit of resistance when I try turning the fan, so it's back to square one.

Could be the motor/pump coupling binding or pump. Remove pump, spin motor. Then check coupling, see if it is worn and if there is rust in the motor dog. Try turning pump shaft.

See what you come up with.

Hi, stripped the pump down and checked the fan was soinning freely. Put it all back together and fired up first time and was running like a dream.
BUT then started to smell an awful smell coming from it so had to switch it off, no smoke but a really really strong smell of oil so guess I need to check it's all been put back together correctly

Hope you didn't strip the pump, you just needed to remove it to check the coupling. What was the coupling like?

Hi, no didn't take the pump apart but stupidly turned it over and a couple of bits fell out (which aren't shown on the pump manufacturers diagram of the pump). The coupling was fine it was the drive shaft on the fan which was very stiff, managed to free that up. Obviously didn't put the piece back into the pump correctly where the fuel line goes in.

Do you have a two pipe oil supply. Cause i hope that was not your bypass screw that fell out :oops:

Can't think what two bits could fall out?

There is the plastic coupling, or the screws that fix the pump in the motor. You only need remove the small pressure line and loosen the fixing screws, remove the solenoid to get the pump out. Don't really need to take off the flexi's.

What were the 'couple of bits' that fell out?

If the 'drive shaft' on the fan (should be in the motor body, with a cut-out for the coupling) was very stiff, was it making any noise when running? Did the pump shaft look damp with fuel? The reason I say this is that it is quiet common for the pump seal to leak kero into the motor bearing and wash out the lubricant out on the bearing.

Anyhow is it running now?

Sounds like a new oil pump is order of the day, fitted by somebody with the equipment to set it up correctly of course!! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back