Right bonding compound for Moisturecheck board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I hope someone here can help me.

I have just accepted a delivery of Lafarge Moisturecheck 15mm plasterboard for boarding out my bathroom. Half the board will be bonded directly onto brick (sealed and primed), and half will be screwed to existing timber frames.

When I ordered the board from a well know 'builders center' I asked them to supply the bonding adhesive also, to dob an dab to the brickwork and the suppliers supplied Knauf Bonding Compound - I have since checked the manufacturers technical specifications of this compound and it says it is not suitable for Moisture resistant board!

Are the suppliers in the wrong here for supplying the wrong bonding adhesive, or is the onus on me to specify exactly what I require?

Or are the compound manufacturers just being overly defensive when the say this compound is not suitable, and in reality any bonding compound is suitable for moisture resistant board?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
to be honest i think it is down to you to specify exactly what it is you need. Normally you'd take a look at what you need beforehand taking names of products you'd be using and checking out the specs for it. As with any well known "builders center" you should be able to return it and get the correct product you need, also the companys who manufacture the products always have techinical advice lines and its easy enough to give them a call and ask them the question, that way...you cant go wrong!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back