Rigid riser help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Can anybody please advise?
I am in the process of fitting a new shower valve, tray & cubicle for a customer. The guy only has one leg therefore has a fold down shower seat. He wants a traditional exposed chrome rigid riser bar with 8" dia' rose and also a flexible hose with matching handset. The only one i can find has a dimension of 507mm from centreline of riser bar to centreline of rose. The guys seat is 320mm from wall to centre of seat hence the waters hardly going to hit him! My question is, can the chrome tube that holds the rose be shortened?

Many thanks in advance,

Gary.

Sponsored Links
It depends on the make, the ones I used to fit were connected to the riser elbow by a chrome nut and plastic olive arrangement. I fit is a pulled type you may be able to hide a chrome coulping behind the rose, check with the retailler, it is bound to have come up before.

Sponsored Links
of course the easy way is just to angle the shower rose :rolleyes:
Wouldn't work, the water just falls out of an 8 inch rose unless it's got a hotel supply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back