ring main..please help

Located in Wigan, been trying to get an electrician but nobody seems interested in doing the job and they don't bother getting back to me, getting earache from the other half coz she can't have a shower in the morning (it's a power shower) so getting a tad desparate!!

Sponsored Links
what i would do is the following

disconnect the ring from the CU and make the ends safe with chock block

run a temporary cable from the breaker to one of the sockets and connect it to each of the wires at that socket in turn

then go round testing again

this should tell you which sockets are on each side of that socket

reapeat this with other sockets until you have enough info to draw a map of the cuircuit

then you can go about looking for the breaks

Frostypops said:
Located in Wigan, been trying to get an electrician but nobody seems interested in doing the job and they don't bother getting back to me, getting earache from the other half coz she can't have a shower in the morning (it's a power shower) so getting a tad desparate!!

bit out of my area else idda come and looked for ya

what about securespark?
your area mate?

What's the exact problem?

I'm in Stockport so could come along....

Sponsored Links
Many many thanks all, managed to get an electrician to come out to it today, was as everyone on here had said a faulty connection behind one of the sockets.

Many thanks again for everyones help

Frostypops said:
Many many thanks all, managed to get an electrician to come out to it today, was as everyone on here had said a faulty connection behind one of the sockets.

Many thanks again for everyones help

was there 2 breaks in the ring?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back