Rising Damp.

Oops! said:
I have just purchased a property with a rising damp problem behind badly done dry lining. I intend to remove the dry lining and install a chemical dampproof, then reinstate the dry lining. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best insulation to use. I have been recomended foil backed plasterboard with kingspan behind it. :?:

Kingspan is the one to go for - we did the same on a very damp stone wall - awesome results!

Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
Would someone please tell the Royal Instute of Chartered Surveyors that rising damp doesn't exist? They seem to think it does. I wonder why they think that?

joe

have you had a change of opinion??

Sponsored Links
iandavidben said:
Re: earlier posting on good waterproofing system. We found maragite at http://www.maragon.co.uk/maragite.html. It's a powder and water compound. You just mix it up and paint it on. We've used it in a basement extension, and repaired some old areas - it's early days, but the difference between new and old is obvious.

Your certainly right about early days, if it's ok in 100 years, then it's ok, but I doubt it will be, meanwhile significant damage may be done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back