Robbing Parking Companies

Sponsored Links
You said 'maned' instead of 'manned'. A horse has a mane. Keep up.

No you need to keep up. We all know my spelling isn't what it should. But you know that don't you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eyes ears nose.

Not a gift horse!

Mrs S once or twice didn't want to take time off to go to court.

But now we write them a letter telling them the error of their ways, which ends "We will be happy to challenge this matter in front of a judge".

Sponsored Links
Not a gift horse!

Mrs S once or twice didn't want to take time off to go to court.

But now we write them a letter telling them the error of their ways, which ends "We will be happy to challenge this matter in front of a judge".

I've been driving all over the UK, and sometimes abroad, for. 35yrs.

Most of it in places not of my choosing i. e. working

And in all that time, I've only had one parking fine (overstayed by five minutes, which I knew was going to be the case, as the person I was with was arsing about).

Like speeding, getting parking fines is a choice (y)

Not fines, invoices from greedy grasping companies who want to charge in excess of £100 very often in cases where you have done nothing wrong (not even outstayed your welcome).

So, talking of horses, get off your high one!

I agree with paying a reasonable fee for parking. All the parking invoices I ordered Mrs S have had were as a result of a parking company trying their luck.

As for you not having had a "fine" for 35 years, TBF, these rip-off merchants have only been operating a comparatively short time. I have also driven many hundreds of thousands of miles in my lifetime, some abroad. I have never had a parking fine/ ticket/ invoice abroad.

Most of them have been picked up over the years by Mrs S who drives a lot for business and uses such car parks at least once a day.

I resent both the companies trying it on with innocent motorists and you for implying these invoices were deserved. They were not.

Most of them have been picked up over the years by Mrs S who drives a lot for business and uses such car parks at least once a day.

I do basically all of my driving for business.
If your missus insists on poking the bear (parking on charlatan car parks), despite having previous bad experiences, I'm just glad you have time to argue the toss with them.

Agreed, only time I was ever caught on PP was when I attended a free trail running course at my local Snow & Rock branch, the course ran over the allotted car park time, took me pursuing with the shop manager but got the ticket cancelled, otherwise I abide by the rules on the sign, it's never failed me yet.

Does she park in the car parks provided by certain businesses only to use the services of other businesses or local amenities?

Does she park in the car parks provided by certain businesses only to use the services of other businesses or local amenities?

I went into Starbucks Stansted serving the A120.

I like Starbucks, my Australian Israeli mate wanted a McDonald's.

I asked the girl behind the counter if he could eat his McDonald's in Starbucks.

I don't mind she said but you will need to drive McDonald's.

She said cameras would have picked us up and I would get a fine for parking at Starbucks but using McDonald's.

I took her word for it.

No. All the car parks parked in have been legitimately used.

As I explained in my first post, the last three fines were for the hotel, where she was told charging had been suspended but she got a fine anyway, then the other two at a FF joint where one time she was caught on camera visiting twice (not against any rules) and deemed to have overstayed her welcome because the counted the time parked as from the first entrance to the car park to the second exit from the car park. The second time was where she was parked, again in a FFJ car park for business, not pleasure, but, despite the staff making a note of her reg, the company forged ahead and sent her an invoice anyway.

Previously, I parked in a layby where BB holders had to pay. I didn't realise this because the only sign on the land to warn that BBHs had to pay was on the end of an 8-10 foot pole with the writing in a small font.

All of the parking invoices I have challenged have either been dropped or adjudication by the BPA has found in my favour, or the companies have chosen not to pursue us further. Let's face it, in the two FFJ parking challenges I have mentioned, the companies were well trying it on and wouldn't have a leg to stand on. In the case of the tall sign, the BPA themselves told the parking company they had broken their own rules and the invoice had to be rescinded.

Brig

None of the invoices have been raised because I did not read or misunderstood the signage, apart from the tall one.

Sponsored Links
Back