roll top bath chrome pipe shrouds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help?
i've got a reclaimed roll top bath to plumb in and therefore need some chrome pipe shrouds for the supply pipes but the only ones i can find are for either a no tap hole bath or for taps on the rim. this bath has tap holes on the side wall so i need shrouds with elbows. any ideas?

Sponsored Links
i know what taps to fit, its the supply pipework i need to shroud, or if i can't i guess i'll have to use chrome compression fittings and tap connectors.

So, to clarify, you want to shroud the pipe external to the bath.

Sponsored Links
How much room do you have? Room to use a pipe bender to bend the pipe 90?

yes its a free standing bath so the pipes will be visible. ideally what i want is telescopic shrouds but i cant find any for side mounted taps. its looking like i'll have to use chrome pipe and fittings, i just think it will be a bit messy around the tap connector

Can you post a pic of the tap and place you want to install

havn't got the taps yet (they will be globe taps) and the bath is'nt in bathroom yet - i'm just doing first fix ready for tiler to tile floor. the supply pipes will come up through the floor, hence i need to know what kind of fittings or shrouds to put on supply pipes becuase i need them in the right position before tiling.

yes i think they are going to be my best option and yes i wanted chrome. thanks for your help swidders ;)

hi - i am having the same problem as you - did you find the pipe covers/shrouds you were looking for and if so, where from? otherwise did you come up with an alternative and were you happy with the results?

Thanks

hello mate, i couldn't find any chrome shrouds like they do for taps situated on the rim so i just used 22mm chrome plated pipes with chrome plated compression elbows and chrome plated couplers on the taps. looks absolutely fine. chrome plated fittings are widely available on the interweb - just do a search and you'll find them. hope this helps, i'll try and upload a picture sometime in the near future. rich :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back