Roof repair problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a new build 3 storey town house in a large new development in Birmingham. Earlier this month I noticed a slipped tile on my roof and I called a roofing company out to take a look.

The first chap peered at the roof for a few minutes and told me he didn't have the right ladder. He came back again a few days later and then told me that it was too dangerous to go up in the wet weather and promptly disappeared never to be seen again. Totally unprofessional...

So I called out a second comany..

He arrived and told my wife that due to 'health and safety' he couldn't go onto a roof that high with the ladder he's got.

All the while the rain is coming down and I'm concerned about the damage.

What can I do?

Sponsored Links
Hire a ladder and go up yourself. Won't do it? Why would you expect someone else to?

Won't do it. Why would you expect someone else to?

Because I am not a professional roofer that advertises their services to the general public.

When I call out a roofing expert, I want someone who actually can get onto a roof and repair it.

Are my expectations too high?

Are my expectations too high?

Unfortunately, yes they are.

It is inherently dangerous to climb a ladder that high, then you've got to get off at the top and walk on the roof - what if there's a loose slate or tile?

And I bet if he only took 10 minutes to repair your roof you would moan that he charged £50 (or £100/£150 or whatever)

The only safe way is by cherry-picker or scaffold unless you find a desparate roofer who needs money just before Xmas

Sponsored Links
very easy job with a three storey ladder and a hook ladder,would only take no more than 10 minutes to slip a tile in.

Roofer: I have no problem paying the money for someone with the expertise. I just wish I could find someone professional and reliable.

Armz-ee: That's what I like, someone with a solution!

Can you recommend someone in the West Midlands with a three storey ladder and a hook ladder? :LOL:

If it's a new development call the builder out.

very easy job with a three storey ladder and a hook ladder,would only take no more than 10 minutes to slip a tile in.

Have you ever replaced a modern day interlaced slate? Didn't think so.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back