Roof Tiles Lifting

The builder checked the whole roof and found on one there had been a fire and all the timbers have been replaced so like new. The part I was worried about he said that the two end joists are sat on a wall so cannot move where as the other joists have bedded in. The roof is fine so it's go,go go with the sale. He checked the floors and chimneys and said everything is fine apart from one chimney will need rendering. Such a relief. I'm so excited and would like to say a massive thank you for everyones input into this thread.

Kate xxx

Sponsored Links
Well, thats good news - ideally the new rafters should be coupled together to stop them spreading outwards.
Every picture tells a story! I'm sure we all wish you well with your new house.
John :)

Well, thats good news - ideally the new rafters should be coupled together to stop them spreading outwards.
Every picture tells a story! I'm sure we all wish you well with your new house.
John :)

That's very kind of you. Thank you x

So you'll pay a surveyor a grand or more - so what did you pay the builder?

Sponsored Links
So you'll pay a surveyor a grand or more - so what did you pay the builder?

Hi, Please read my post re the builder. He reckons to not bother with a full survey as will be a waste of money. The builder by the way is a childhood friend so I trust him totally.

A surveyor has one ace up his sleeve - he can get you money knocked off whereas a builder can't.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back