Roof vent tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If roof vent tiles are fitted do they have to have a hole cut in the felt underneath for the air to pull through the attic?
The reason I ask is we have two on each side of our roof and on one side there are holes cut in the felt for the vents, but not on the other.

Sponsored Links
Ah, no wonder we've got condensation in the loft then. Will I have to get someone in to sort it out?

If you can reach them from the attic you can trace the outline of the vent, cut the felt either side and along the bottom then fold the felt back up and under the tile. this will help displace any water which may come through above the tile. (if ever).

Sponsored Links
So I should be able to feel the vent through the felt? I'm scared of cutting in the wrong place and wrecking the felt o_O

I'm going to fit some lap vents to hopefully help the condensation. Will i still need to cut the felt as well?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back