Roofing Membrane

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Bit of a green question.

Building an extension, and just seen some breathable roofing felt on offer at the shops.

Ruberoid Light breather membrane £32.99 1mx 50m roll

There seems a wider range of prices on mebranes, this one is usually around the 65-70 mark. But cant find many places that stock it.

However i have no idea if its any good or a load of crap.

I have seen on the site that tyvek or kloppp? are recomended.

Just thought i would canvass some exert opinion.

A

Sponsored Links
I have used lots of different types, you can feel the difference in quality in your hand. The one I have in the van now is protec vp 400 its a good quality membrane about £80 a roll. I do not think it wise to try and save a few quid on a membrane by buying the cheapest when you look at the over all cost of your extension.

There is nothing wrong with the cheaper membranes if they have a BBA certificate

Also, for domestic purposes, the cheaper ones will be fine and the expensive ones a waste of money - both will perform exactly the same. Ruberoid is a well respected manufacturer and has been around a long long time

Thanks for your input, i will have a think about it.

I think you have to watch the pennies do a large project, because there is always something more to spend your money on.

Cheers
A

Sponsored Links
yes its breathable so be great to use but remember most membranes only last a few weeks exposed to uv rays so keep stored away :D

Thanks all,

I wondered about the UV resistance, basically only felt it if your tilling it straight away.

Thanks for the advice.
A

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back