Room limited to 500 Watts?

If they are anything like the Halls of 40 years ago, there will probably be kitchens with proper electricity supplies (and kettles).
Not in ours there weren't. Yes, some of my colleagues were in such modern halls, I wasn't. Most of our rooms were hundreds of years old - with windows whose poor fit suggested they might be original* (and we had a flipping cold winter while I was there too).

* Actually, in one room there was "graffiti" scratched in a window which showed that the glass was hundreds of years old ! I forget which famous person had signed it.

Sponsored Links
If they are anything like the Halls of 40 years ago, there will probably be kitchens with proper electricity supplies (and kettles).
Not in ours there weren't. Yes, some of my colleagues were in such modern halls, I wasn't. Most of our rooms were hundreds of years old - with windows whose poor fit suggested they might be original* (and we had a flipping cold winter while I was there too).
As they say, experiences vary. From what I can recollect, all the ones (in London) in which I lived, and the many others I visited (and most Nurses' homes I visited!) were either fairly modern builds (relatively uncommon) or else were old buildings which had been fairly recently 'refurbished'. Kitchens, 'laundry rooms' and sometimes other shared facilities were pretty common - maybe at least in part in an attempt to limit what people tried to do in the 'study bedrooms'!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back