Room thermastat buzzing when switching off?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just wanted to check if this is normal?

Recently when my central heating room thermastat gets ready to switch off it makes a load buzzing sound first before switching off?

Is this normal? If not any ideas on what it is and what could be causing this?

The thing is the thermastat is new it was only installed last Feb when we had a new central heating system put in

Should I go back to the company who installed it with the problem or is it too late? and I will have to find a fix myself?

If so can you recommend a good room thermastat?

Sponsored Links
Hi

Not sure what make it is. I have taken a pic of it which is attached - not sure if you can tell from this? Should I go back to the installer who put in the central heating system or Gas Safe?

Sponsored Links
Plumbcentre own brand basically a honeywell with different cover .
Yes phone them out and get them to look at it

Thanks all

Might be plumbcentre actually as its a plumbcenter central heating control in the kitchen

What should I say to them to get them back up and do they have to do it free of charge because its less than 12 months old?

whoever supplied it, you or your guy, needs to contact the place it was bought. take it back and tell them its duff and you want a replacement.

hope you/he kept the receipt. if it was your guy you will soon find out how good he really is. the good guys will be back pronto to keep a good reputation. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back