Rounded off screws in boiler won't budge!? - Help!

So you have already compromised the safety of the appliance then and no doubt are fully able to say that the seals are in good condition and doing their job correctly!

What are you on about? What seals? Have you ever taken the cover off a Glow Worm Micron boiler? There are no seals. Just three screws and the entire cover lifts off. How on earth I'm going to blow my house up by doing this. That's like saying my car's going to blow up when I take the petrol cap off.

Clearly there are people here who enjoy being overly dramatic.

So what are these then if not case seals?

GWORM S212311 CASE SEAL SIDE MICRON
GWORM S212312 CASE SEAL TOP/BOTTOM MICRON

Sponsored Links
There were certainly seals on the Micron I serviced this morning.

Can't understand how these screws have ended up in this state anyway. They never have to be done up THAT tight anyway.

Perhaps a DIYer using the wrong sized phillips screwdriver :rolleyes:

Or using a 'phillips' rather than a 'pozi' or visa versa!!

Sponsored Links
Don't worry about that, once he's removed the screws and stuck his hoover nozzle in the combustion chamber I think you will find the boiler will be set up perfectly and his gas bills will be dramatically reduced :rolleyes:

After all his ranting earlier about the knowledge/capability of 999 out of 1000 boiler engineers the OP seems to have gone surprisingly quite on this one. Perhaps he tried to fire the boiler with the front case off as, in his opinion, it obviously wasn't needed!

'Tis a pity cos I wanted to ask him what the make and model of vacuum he had that could suck up debris, check gas pressures & gas rates and carry out a flue gas analaysis. I could do with one of those. :D

After all his ranting earlier about the knowledge/capability of 999 out of 1000 boiler engineers the OP seems to have gone surprisingly quite on this one. Perhaps he tried to fire the boiler with the front case off as, in his opinion, it obviously wasn't needed!

'Tis a pity cos I wanted to ask him what the make and model of vacuum he had that could suck up debris, check gas pressures & gas rates and carry out a flue gas analaysis. I could do with one of those. :D

it was you and all your drama causing that scared him orf giblets
:)

Isnt it amazing people can take a boiler case apart but cant workout how to cut a slot in a screw with a hacksaw blade or use a proper screwdrive

What are you on about? What seals? Have you ever taken the cover off a Glow Worm Micron boiler? There are no seals.

So what 'ave you done with the seals :eek: :eek:

Or did you think the foam strips were old packaging material, and binned them. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ps
For a Rgi them nasty little screws would be a piece of pi*s to remove.

it was you and all your drama causing that scared him orf giblets
:)

I didn't get to play Hamlet in the school play for nufink...."Alas, poor Yorrick. I knew him, Horatio...." :mrgreen:

excuse me for being lazy and not reading the entire thread but why the **** would you want to remove these screws anyway? a micron needs a cleaning out about as much as agile needs to be taken seriously.

OP.....buy an FGA, then realise as you look at the readings that it doesnt need any work doing at all. repeat this for the lifetime of the boiler unless it develops a fault and requires the sparke electrode replacing.

ffs, its a **** boiler but hardly a boiler that needs a great deal of servicing. i can almost guarantee the BG guy didnt damage these screws as i doubt he would even bother his arse to remove them. :rolleyes:

Lucky you Giblets only time we ever got on the stage at school was during assembly so we could be caned in front of everyone as a lesson to others.
Shame we never learned the lesson our selves as we had a regular gig there every week for 5 years :LOL:

Lucky you Giblets only time we ever got on the stage at school was during assembly so we could be caned in front of everyone as a lesson to others.
Shame we never learned the lesson our selves as we had a regular gig there every week for 5 years :LOL:

I've starred in that production a few times as well. :oops: :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back