Rounded off screws in boiler won't budge!? - Help!

christ what ever happened to engineering skills?

get some crescent gland pliers, grab the outer screw head.

shouldnt share that but using the proper tools does the job properly, its a proffessional thing :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
excuse me for being lazy and not reading the entire thread but why the **** would you want to remove these screws anyway? a micron needs a cleaning out about as much as agile needs to be taken seriously.

As the interceptor would have said "I like it" :LOL: :LOL:

Tip for anyone else needing to drill hardened screws or other materials; Bosch blue fluted multi purpose drills available at screwfix, they have a sharpened tungsten carbide tip which (with a green wheel) can also be re sharpened. I use 'em all the time to drill through really hard stuff, they make mincemeat of hardened screws.

Tip for anyone else needing to drill hardened screws or other materials; Bosch blue fluted multi purpose drills available at screwfix, they have a sharpened tungsten carbide tip which (with a green wheel) can also be re sharpened. I use 'em all the time to drill through really hard stuff, they make mincemeat of hardened screws.

Oh aye nickthesafe do tell? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
christ what ever happened to engineering skills?

get some crescent gland pliers, grab the outer screw head.

shouldnt share that but using the proper tools does the job properly, its a proffessional thing :rolleyes:

Ooh FFs, thats it, now Si has said that my tool box aint complete. I need an engineer in my box (ooh er missus) :eek:

;)

As the grease monkey said when he took a look under the bonnet of the Porker 911... There 'aint no engine 'ere :confused:

LOL....oh i'll never tell! sufficed to say some are defeated in minutes, others are bl@@dy hard work and take hours (days even!)...

LOL....oh i'll never tell! sufficed to say some are defeated in minutes, others are bl@@dy hard work and take hours (days even!)...

:LOL:

So you have already compromised the safety of the appliance then and no doubt are fully able to say that the seals are in good condition and doing their job correctly!

What are you on about? What seals? Have you ever taken the cover off a Glow Worm Micron boiler? There are no seals. Just three screws and the entire cover lifts off. How on earth I'm going to blow my house up by doing this. That's like saying my car's going to blow up when I take the petrol cap off.

Clearly there are people here who enjoy being overly dramatic.

What an idiot :LOL: :LOL: Like the way he jumps in slagging of BG and obviously does not know the first thing about boiler safety, I would say to you the best thing you could say to the bg man is "excuse me I have been a tit and risked the lifes of me and my family can you come and put it back together properly"

I suggest you stop worring about the performance of BG engineers something you obviously no nothing about and let a CORGI touch your boiler in future.

Pair of mole grips had them screws out in seconds. Had a poke about in the boiler with a screwdriver, loosesned a few gaskets and fittings. Sloppily put it all back together without replacing any "seals". All this was done after a few can's of stella to steady the hands.

I did a quick test to see if there were any gas leaks with the missus' fag lighter. No problems. Put the boiler cover in the garage so it'll hopefully warm the room up more now without it on.

job well done.

nice to see a competent diyer on here for a change. :LOL:

Was asked today at a laybye cafe if i had any tc's seems parts centre won't supply her any more. I prized her with a few questions to see how bad she has gone with this. aparently she opened out the jets a bit and cleans all the consequential black soot as required.

Oh well at least those places are well ventilated.

Anyway i don't blame her having a go non of uslike working on those places there is usually so much wrong. We basically get no thanks for puting it all right. Same reason i can'tstand going to unvented cylinders after the accident whichhas been waiting to happen ever sinve itwas incorrectly installed and never serviced..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back