RSJ/Universal Beam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm just about to start trying to source 2 x (203x102x23) Grade 43. Length = 2.75m universal beams that will be bolted together at 600c/c with M16 bolts.

Where do most people get them from? I'm based in the northwest.

Cheers,

Sponsored Links
Saying your in the Northwest doesn't really narrow it down that much but if you are east lancashire then Mercers Blackburn stock RSJ's and they will cut to lenth and delivery if you are in their delivery area.

Failing that try K steels, but they have always seemed a little on the expensive side to me. especially for a one off order.

cheers for your help.

Hopefully there is something similar in the Warrington area. ??

Hi Paul, I've got 4 of these in my garden at 3m, left over from anothe project. (I'm in London though) Out of interest what are you using them for?

I was wondering if I could use them in a future loft conversion. (At least a year away, probably longer)

If I were to get these professionally spliced to make 2, 6 metre beams could they be used to convert the loft? Obviously I'd need a structural engineer to do the necessary calcs before proceeding but I'd like to know if they are worth hanging onto for future use, otherwise I'll take 'em down the scrapyard.

Anyone else know if these are strong enough for loft floors?

Sponsored Links
i'm just having a wall removed downstairs so need to replace it with the two UB's.

Paul_GPvR said:
i'm just having a wall removed downstairs so need to replace it with the two UB's.

So are these going back to back to support a double skin brick or block wall? or bolted end to end for a 5m opening?

Cheers
:)

Deluks said:
Paul_GPvR said:

So are these going back to back to support a double skin brick or block wall? or bolted end to end for a 5m opening?

Cheers
:)

side to side to support a double skin brick wall and chimney above. bolted together at 600/c/c

or the blacksmiths in hollins green he'll cut them to length drill the holes to bolt them together and provide the spacers and threaded bar and nuts washers and also red lead them for you

Paul_GPvR said:
Hi,
Where do most people get them from? I'm based in the northwest.

Cheers,

Steel suppliers? Either yell.com or yellow pages.

I thought there used to be quite a few up north. They've not all closed down now have they?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back