Rts1 thermostat issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve just replaced my thermostat ,,but had a silly idea .. wrong ,,, anyway issue is taken the front dial off to look inside ..should have stuck with factory settings….
any way decided to turn inner circle around with my fingers ? Thought I put it back ? Fitted it but not clicking/calling for heat tried several times took it off again? Any way saw the centre crosswas just the right size to use screwdriver and tried turning it.. yes heatings clicked on ,,,turned it to click off perfect… put the face back on tried dial no click ,,,, my fault for messing with the inner circle .. tried the centre cross again ..works .. …..am I doing something wrong/ I kno now I should have kept my hands off .. any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
Not sure why you’ve posted in forum information. Anyway, does it not click at all with the cover on? Is the power back on or did you not turn it off?

Have you unintentionally moved the limit settings?
Expand them to their widest range, and then replace the dial.
Example here...

Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Have you unintentionally moved the limit settings?
Expand them to their widest range, and then replace the dial.
Example here...

No mate,
IMG_0484.jpeg
what I did was turn the number 1 outer ring around ?Dont know why but anyway ,put dial face back on wouldn’t click? So took off and had a brain wave of turning no2 inner ring around with a screwdriver and it clicked started boiler/heating perfect ,, tried to turn no1 agin no click? Should they turn together ? No2 will call for heat

Came of an ideal boiler just wondering now if I messed up with the live ? Followed instructions,,,? The Drayton thermostat has 3 wire points /connections. N. L .SWITCH,
on the (. boiler ) thermostat terminal one was permanent live so put red wire in ,,,the other I put into the 3rd point/switch on the Drayton,the neutral explained itself

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back