RUBBISH SERVICE - JEWSON!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just rung up Jewson.

Me: Hello, can you give me a price for 24 x 12 9.5 plasterboard please?

Him: Hmm, should be able to, hold on...........well, we've got this size and that size but not 24 x 12.

Me: They're too small. It's for a ceiling and I want to do it in as few pieces as possible.

Him: You can put these together to make it up...

Me: No thanks, I need 24 x 12. Can you tell me when you'll have it back in?

Him: We don't stock it, sorry.

How come he said he "should be able" to give me a price when they don't stock it?? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I think you've confused them with your sizes, most places around here still refer to plasterboard as 8x4 or 6x3 (ft) or 2.4x1.2 if your metric, maybe they thought you wanted 24 by 12 ft lol

I'm surprised he didn't say.......... - "f*ck right off, start talking sensible measurements, and then get back to us". :LOL: :LOL:

24 what by 12 what??

He "should" be able to give you a price on anything that is actually manufactured that they might trade with. Since 24 by 12 is not a manufactured article, then he is right.

Anyway, why are you using 9.5mm board? 12.5 would be far more advisable as a minimum, and possibly thicker if you want acoustic proofing.

Sponsored Links
A while ago their advertising said "We've got the Jewson lot"
However, on one visit they didn't have what the bricklayer I was working with wanted , so he came back and announced "They got Jewson f*** all" :LOL:

secure - if you want to borrow a couple of plasterboard ceiling props, let me know and I'll meet you in that tesco carpark in Didsbury. No rush to get them back, but I will want them back at some stage.

2,400MM X 1,200MM OR 8X4 approx, get it from b&q, personally i find Jewson more exspensive than Travis Perks.

It's been a long while since I've done any building work, but unless you;re ordering in bulk, TP and in my experience Jewson's are quite dear in comparison to the sheds

SUB:

Thanks very much for your kind offer. Have been working hard on the bathroom so have not been here for a good while.

Me and Mrs Secure put them up with the aid of a bit of 4 x 2 propping up one end! But boy are they heavy!

In the end, I bought 2 sheets from the local TP. They chucked it on a wagon destined for an address near me on a day to suit them and didn't charge any delivery as I'm not driving at the moment. And charged me just over £13.

I omitted to say that I had asked on the phone for 24 (hundred) by 12 (hundred).

SUB:

Thanks very much for your kind offer. Have been working hard on the bathroom so have not been here for a good while.

Me and Mrs Secure put them up with the aid of a bit of 4 x 2 propping up one end! But boy are they heavy!
The offer is still there if you ever need the props in the future :)

Sponsored Links
Back