run compact dishwasher drain pipe into kitchen sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Amazingly I could not find any information about this on the internet!!!

I am renting a flat and the only option I have if I want a dishwasher is to buy a tabletop/compact dishwasher. Because of the layout of the kitchen, the only option I would have is to run the drainpipe into the kitchen sink...i.e.not connected below the sink to the trap, but just running the drain into the main sink from above the work surface where the dishwasher would be placed. Is this feasable? Would I need to make the drain pipe go up and then down or could i run it horizontal along the worktop and then down into the sink for it to work properly?

Sponsored Links
On the couple of these appliances I have been involved with, the drain hose shouldn't rise out of the back of the machine.....it won't be able to pump the water that high so it could just drain into your sink.
Mains water connection was by the usual washing machine tap, not from the kitchen tap itself.
John :)

On the couple of these appliances I have been involved with, the drain hose shouldn't rise out of the back of the machine.....it won't be able to pump the water that high so it could just drain into your sink.
Mains water connection was by the usual washing machine tap, not from the kitchen tap itself.

Hey thanks John

So I can just run the drain pipe horizontally from the tabletop dishwasher and then curl it down into the kithcen sink and it should work ok ?

That's what I found on the machines I connected.....obviously I can't comment on every make! One machine was Bosch, but sorry I can't recall the other one.
I'd be very surprised if this wasn't illustrated in the manufacturers instructions though.

Sponsored Links
thanks John... I think I will risk it ... anything beats sticking your hands in a sink washing cutlery for hours on end :)

The one I was looking at in Indesit and you can pick them up for just over £150 ... all of the big retailers are selling this model ... google compact dishwasher and you can see the one I mean.

Anyways
Thanks again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back