Running 2 boilers?

Depends when it was installed but it would be contrary to the regs now.

A 3 post valve would give you better control over the hot water and heating.

2 x 2port would do the same, and in either case make the boiler/system much more efficient.

Thanks mate, is that a big job then? as i say im clueless to all this, what would it cost for parts and fitting would you say roughly to get it all up to good modern standards?

Sponsored Links
Best to get a couple of quotes.

You will need a MV valve, cylinder stat and room stat, the later 2 you may have already.

2-3hours work if it all went well.

Hi again guys,

Well we moved in around 7 weeks ago now but were still unsure on how to use the system efficiently, its a worcester greenstar 15ri which was fitted by gritish gas 3 years at the whopping cost of £4000 with 20% discount thats literally for the boiler and fitting!! glad i didnt have to pay that haha, anyway, can anyone guide me at all please? basically weve been keeping the boiler itself powered on and 10 mins before we shower we just press the boost button on control panel, which is doing the job but a bit annoying if you forget to press boost before getting in the shower!. if i left the water on, on control panel would this shut off automatically once water is at right temp then cut in again when temp either gets too cold or some of the hot water is used? also tried the heating last week it came on but rads didnt get hot, then tried again a few nights ago and tapped the zone valve zone switch on the side which seemed to make it send the water through to rads, is it possible that the valve maybe sticking? also how would i know if pressure is low at any point on this boiler as it doesnt seem to have a visible guage like my old comboi did

thanks in advance guys sorry for the essay

Sponsored Links
something really wrong with your system mate your pic shows a Ravi stat yet there is a box for an electrically operated motorised valve lying behind it cant understand this to be honest

whats a ravi stat mate? where abouts are these 2 things in the pics mate?

I think i know what you mean now mate, the stat that looks like it should be on the end of a rad with the wire coming out?

Is there not a 2 port valve poking its nose out of the floor boards (drayton)
I would imagine that teh 2 port valve is for the heating ... the tap stat is for the Hot water and I assume thats a bypass valve for when the tap stat shuts
Get somebody to get rid of the tap stat and repalce with a 2-port valve and a cylinder stat

All looks a bit rough to me but if your on a budget it will work ........... have seen far worse although would be very surprised if BG had done this ....... might be a BG sticker on the cylinder but they may have changed the cylinder before the other work was done ........ for all BG faults they generally do things the correct way ........ I will go and get my tin hat having said that

yep the stat with the capillary Phial coming out of it, this is a very basic way of controlling the temp of your hot water, basically the thin pipe is a sensor and is connected to the HW tank and tells the valve to shut once the tank gets to temperature, is unusuall to have this type of valve and a motorised valve in the same cupboard as these were fitted when it was hard to get wiring to the valve, they work in a similar way to a Thermostatic radiator valve but never really caught on, still see a few of them fitted though

Thanks for the replies guys, 100% fitted by BG though i have the receipt here for it which solicitor sent to us after we moved in, im no expert but looks very messy set up to me, unless thats the old set up and they just added the 2 way valve into existing set up when they fitted new boiler, but receipt states the £4000 was for new boiler and relocation of new boiler

1349986862777.jpg

1349986968938.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back